The fall has crept up on me ever so sneakily (is that a word?). Usually I am ready for the fall and cooler weather, but I had such a great summer with Hollister that I wasnt quite ready for it to end. One benefit of not having a baby right now is that I have been able to spend SO much quality time with Holl. I would not trade that time for anything in the world.
Anyway, we had only been back from our Tour or Texas (blog about that to follow soon), for a few days and I had to go in for a scheduled surgery.
As many of you know, we have been on the brink of moving forward with adoption after 18+ months of trying for #2. After a consult with our specialist, we decided to have this "minor" surgery done to just clarify a few things, and not leave any "what ifs???" I say "minor" because after spending 4 days in bed, it was a big more "minor" than I had anticipated.
However, it did answer some questions for us. Best case scenario I guess. They didnt say "Oh there is something so wrong that you will never get pregnant again", but they also didnt say, "Nope-still cant find any reason why it's not happening" (which is SO frustrating). The results lie somewhere in the middle. There were definitely a few things that could have been causing the problem, and they were all relatively easily "fixed." So we are waiting just a little while longer before we totally close the door on a biological child. We are still doing our research on adoption and will make a decision whether to move that way in the next few months. Thanks to all of you who have spent so much time helping me navigate the adoption world. Either way, we are really excited about our next steps. We know that whatever God has planned is exactly where we will need to be.
So I spent my Labor day weekend doing nothing. My husband-just for the record, is an incredible nurse and spent his 4 day holiday keeping Hollister entertained, while making runs to Mcallisters for potato soup for me. I had a few rough days over the weekend, but today I am feeling much better and am up and ready to get back to work. (thank goodness I get to work from home!)
Thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts that were sent our way.
What's A Sister For?
6 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment