Where my moments truly began

Where my moments truly began
I love this picture. Yes...that is my husband. The day we checked out our wedding site for the first time. (also the first week we discussed marriage). This is where the moments in my life now truly began!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bridal Portraits-Day 7

I've never been one to display a lot of pictures of myself....by myself. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just not me. So I never really framed my bridal portraits in our house. There is one displayed at my parents beach house, but that's about it.

Still, I love to look at these pictures. Probably because they are the pictures from the last photo shoot that my mom ever did of me.

You would think that there would be tons of pictures of our family, mom being a professional photographer and all. However, we were (as she would frequently say), her worst clients. We Hemmed and Hawed and stalled and argued through each photo shoot until she would give up in frustration and retreat to her room-mad at us all...

My bridal shoot was different. She and Shawn flew in from Houston for one the several showers that many of our friends and family so generously hosted.  It was just a wonderful weekend in general. Much more relaxing than my actual wedding weekend.

Anyway, we chose Freedom Park here in Charlotte as the site for my photo shoot. My friend's Jennifer and Traci came along to help, and Shawn was the "assistant." This was a common role for him, as mom took him along on lots of her shoots. He's a pro with the reflector.

What I remember most about that day was just having fun. Celebrating my engagement and spending time with 4 of my favorite people. It threatened to rain on us, and even did just a little. Yet, we took it all in stride and made the most of such a beautiful park. Mom and I didnt argue-for once. We just clicked...and clicked and clicked...

What I regret the most is that no one captured a photo of me and my fantastic photographer.

And if these are some of my best shots ever, it's only because I had fabulous friends who did my makeup and hair, a wonderful brother who made sure I didnt get rained on, and one incredible photographer that I was lucky enough to call mom...








Loved my flip flops. 




Okay, so maybe I got frustrated ONCE. 






Fabulous helpers





Love him













I love this one because you can really see my veil. It was my mom's veil-complete with the beaded daisys that she and my grandmothers and aunts spent hours sewing on before her wedding. 





This was mom's favorite. A color version that is slightly edited (no gutter on the bridge) is what hangs at the house in Galveston. 




That's what friends are for. 



1 comment: