Where my moments truly began

Where my moments truly began
I love this picture. Yes...that is my husband. The day we checked out our wedding site for the first time. (also the first week we discussed marriage). This is where the moments in my life now truly began!

Friday, September 24, 2010

My Girls-The Little Ones...Day 6



Wow.

I didnt realize how hard it is to keep up a daily blog. I have a much deeper appreciation for women who maintain regular blogs for those of us out there that love to read them.

My blogger stats say that about 60 people are reading this a day. I had no idea! (So please feel free to comment if you get a chance). If that many people are checking in... I figured I would keep going....

My Little Girls-





Every career or job that I have ever had has revolved around children. It's safe to say that I've always loved kids.

So when my friends and family started having children long before I did,  Many of them became my "adopted" little buddies.

There was no way I could choose between these 5 girls when I was choosing Flower girls. They have all had such an important role in my life.



Clare was the one of the first children I met in North Carolina. She and her parents have been an incredible source of support for me over the years.  She is a an amazing "teenager" now who loves to play the flute and hang out with her dog King. I can not believe that she is going to be in high school next year.






Graysen was the first child born to a close friend of mine, and Kristen is lucky I didnt kidnap her at some point. (I also helped choose her name.) When I got engaged she cried because she thought I would never come to visit her anymore. I've worked hard to make sure that hasnt happened. I can't believe this one is now in middle school as well.





This is Campbell and no child makes me laugh harder that Lou-Lou. Twice yesterday I had to edit this post. Once was because she wanted her OWN picture on this page (not one with Graysen) and another time because she didnt want me to label her as "Graysen's sister!" She stole my heart from day one. Since her older sister always called me "Amy-Warren" she grew up doing it too. She didnt realize until last year that Warren was actually my last name. She lives in the South, so she figured I was just one of those people with a double name. "Bless her heart!" :)







Porter is Dan's god-daughter, but she's also pretty special to me too. I still have the little sock that her mom Michelle gave each of her close girlfriends when she announced she was pregnant. I tell her all that time (since she has a godmother, but I am married to her godfather), that I am her FAIRY Godmother.






And Rachel is my little cousin. A true miracle if there ever was one. I adore this child. And you can see how much she adores her cousin Hollister. She is sassy and chatty (not sure where she gets that from) and lets me sleep in her bed whenever I visit her.





One of my favorite parts of the wedding was when the girls walked down the loooooonnnnggggg runway to the "alter" carrying a train of garland. They were so sweet walking together.  I was so incredibly proud watching them from up above. At the time, Rachel was only 3,  and Clare (the oldest) was 9.






When Dan and I did our wedding program we wrote it out like a screenplay with a cast, setting, plot, etc..

In in were paragraphs about each person who was in the wedding. Kind of a history of how we met them and what role they had played in our lives. I've always wondered at weddings "who" each person is in relation to the bride and groom. I wanted everyone to know just how special the people that we chose to be in our wedding were.  It was a lot of fun to work on.

If I can scan a copy, I'll post what I wrote about each person back then.

For now-enjoy some pictures of my sweet flower girls-then and now...I'll be working on my bridesmaids post over the weekend. It will be another long post-you can not really avoid that when you have 14 bridesmaids.

Have a good one.






This was one of my favorite moments of the weekend. Campbell looked at my ring and said, "Where did Amy get that big ring?" To which Porter promptly replied, "Oh, that's just one she found at the Grocery Store!" 





Rachel, Campbell, Porter, Graysen and Clare
(and our cute little ringbearer, Tyler) 




3 comments:

  1. amy! i LOVE your wedding dress! also, i had 5 flower girls too, because i couldn't decide! thanks for sharing the story of each of 'your girls!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elaine...glad I'm not the only one to have so many..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wondered how Claire's been...she's so big!!! I guess they do grow up! Loving the posts!

    ReplyDelete