Yesterday I posted pictures of some of my favorite moments from our wedding weekend.
Today, I thought I would post some of my favorite MENTAL memories that might not have been caught on film.
Enjoy...
1. The Wednesday and Thurday before the wedding were my favorite nights. As people started arriving in town, I was so excited-I could hardly stand it. Just knowing that all of the most important people in our lives were going to be in the same place was an incredible feeling. I specifically loved going out with my girlfriends on that Thursday night.
2. Getting everyone organized for the boats and the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner took a lot of coordination. Dan and I were already arguing about how to best implement our plans before we even got to the site. I took a few moments by myself to walk around the wedding site and I was starting to feel the first moments of anxiety and stress. All of the sudden, my college friend Keegan drove up. I had not seen him in years. Keegan is just one of those calm and easy going people who has always reduced stress in my life, no matter the situation. Just chatting with him for a few easy minutes got me right back on track. Dont know if I've ever thanked him for that...So thanks Keegan.
3. Traci and I drove up to Lake Lure together. On the way, we worked on my vows. As we came over the mountain top and could see the lake and all of the beauty that it offers, the song "Fallen" was playing by Sarah Mclachlan. It was one of those absolutely perfect moments. We both started crying and laughing at the same time.
4. My bridesmaids did a special "performance" for me on Friday night. I wont post the details here, but it was truly a one of a kind moment that I will never forget.
5. I remember my mom telling me how proud she was of me when we were getting our pictures made together.
6. During the ceremony, the DJ played the song "We are Family!" One of my favorite moments was having my entire family and circle up and dance during that song. I remember just standing there wanting to soak it all in.
7. At the rehearsal dinner, everyone started standing up to tell stories about us. I so wish we had gotten that on film. Hearing things that we had done or said over the years that was important to each person was such fun and so touching. I kept thinking it was time for the stories to stop, but they just kept on coming. We both loved that as well as listening to Bill, Justin and Traci's toasts at the reception. (Traci re-wrote hers right before the reception).
8. Talking on the phone to Dan after he opened one of the wedding gifts I sent Traci to give him was absolutely hysterical. He was laughing so hard he was crying. I wont share what the gift was, but some of my bridemaids know. :)
9. Dancing with my dad to Kenny Chesney.
10. Walking down the aisle with my dad and seeing Dan at the end of it, singing my engagement song was perhaps one of the most perfect moments of my life.
Since the wedding, we've had so many girl's nights where we have replayed the entire weekend in detail. There is even a "Diagram" that details who/what/when and where. (though I would never live it down if I were to share that).
It's crazy to me that it's been 5 years. It seems as though it was just yesterday. If I could have that weekend to do over, I would do it all the same. We were so blessed and so fortunate to have such incredible friends and family there to support us.
We are still lucky. Remembering all of this over the past 2 weeks has reminded me once again that it's the relationships that we make, it's the way that we love people and its the memories that we create with them that make it all worth it.
Mind-Blowing
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment