I didnt think much of them a few years ago, but then I got sucked in to my friend Amber's blogs and she had links to all of HER friends blogs (women who probably dont even recognize me at Target, but I know all about THEIR family now).
Then I was directed to a few OTHER blogs-people who dont even live around here.
There is no need for People magazine anymore. I spend a quick 10 minutes each morning, reading 10 of my favorite blogs and pondering how so many women could be leading such different lives. Some days I walk away thinking how incredibly blessed I am, and other days I sure wish my life was a bit more glamorous. :)
Regardless, I like reading them.
Today, I was reading one of my favorite blogs-a woman who has a HUGE following. I wont throw her name out there (as not to add fuel to the fire by sending you on over to her drama), but let's just say that A LOT of people did not like a post that she put on her blog last week. While it wasnt my favorite post either, I sure felt bad for her. Hundreds of people made rude comments. How can that NOT hurt one's self esteem.
Made me happy about 2 things.
1. That not really many people read my blog. No grandiose plans here to get it out there to people I dont even know.
2. I'm glad I dont find my indentity in other people.
All that to say that if you dont like my blog, please just fake it and say nice things....
On another note, I havent been keeping up very well over the past few weeks. With camp rapidly approaching, family in town, pink eye and a sinus infection, the usual infertility doctor's appointments, my birthday, Holl's birthday....well-you get the picture.
If you dont....Then here ARE the pictures with short summary of how our summer has gone so far....
So Hollister turned 3 on June 18th-The same day that Toy Story 3 opened. You can guess what we did for his actual birthday.
Then we had a Toy Story Birthday Party at My Gym/Jump E Place (inflatables and gymastics). Easiest party I have ever done. I love this picture because I got a real smile! Not that fake one he flashes when you tell him to "Smile~"
Grandma Barb and Papa John came to see us. We always love that. Wine, Pasta Fagioli, Cheese, good conversation...and John always cleans my fridge. You can't beat that. We love it when they come to visit.
3 Generations on Father's Day. Cant tell they are related, can you?
Jester Fizz Reunion Show. (Dan's old band). We did this to raise money for Camp CARE in memory of my mom. Our good friend Mica came in town. She's more like a sister to Shawn and I. She brought her youngest son, Lucky..He's a day younger than Hollister. Shawn had Buck with him. So Three 3-year old boys!! It was wild. Let me tell ya....
My husband is still a hot rock star!!
This pretty much sums up the 4 days we were all together. 3 man pile up. I miss them all so much! We had a blast.
Taking this picture was hilarious...It took about 20 shots just to get this one.
This was the 3rd time we duplicated this shot. The first time was over 15 years ago.
Buck and Luck...I plan to do a slide show of these boys.
Too cute not to include.
Blackmail someday...Can you tell they love each other. Buck must have told me at least 20 times, "I love my Cousin HOLL!"
Getting some loving from Aunt Traci.
Awwwwwwww.......
We've also been celebrating the engagement of one of Hollister's godmothers, "Winnie!" We loved getting to know Jason and hearing all about Arkansas!
Love these girls...
Holl and his godmothers.
Wendy and Jason were sweet to share their engagement party with me.
Holl's new bike. Did I happen to mention that we also had 2 ER trips over the past few weeks. For Hollister AND Buck. (hurt ankle and hand). Those trips had nothing to do with the bicycle, but I didnt want to leave them out.
Hollister also had his first trip to the dentist. Thank goodness we were able to meet Dr. Jason in advance (he's a friend of Wendy's). Hollister did a great job!
And of course, had to flash us the cheesy smile yet again...
As you can see, our summer has been full of family, friends and fun...With just a little bit of drama thrown in for good measure.
Be back in a few weeks. I wont be doing much of anything except Camp stuff until the end of July.
No comments:
Post a Comment