Where my moments truly began

Where my moments truly began
I love this picture. Yes...that is my husband. The day we checked out our wedding site for the first time. (also the first week we discussed marriage). This is where the moments in my life now truly began!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Birthday Blog

I'm a sucker for saving cards. I know they cost a lot of money and most of the time, they get thrown away. However, I am one of the few people that actually saves them and re-reads them from time to time. Recently, I decided to go on a cleaning binge (which most of you know, does NOT happen very often) and I finally agreed to throw some cards out. This was quite a process, as I had to read each and every card before throwing it out. If you think back to all those birthday cards, cards when mom died, cards when Holl was born, etc.... THAT IS A LOT OF CARDS...

Anyway, in the process, I came across 2 cards. Cards that I will never throw away. They were the cards from the last 2 birthdays that my mom was alive. If you knew my mom, then you know that she not only loved cards, but she spent an awful lot of time filling them out. You never just got a card from her that was signed-Love, MOM.

So today, on my 36th birthday-I thought I would share what my mom wrote to me the last 2 summers that she was alive.

July 3, 2005

Dear Amy, 
Dad and I are so proud of you and stand in such admiration of all that you do. From our "Little Punky" to such a beautiful woman. Beautiful in spirit and and in appearance. Always know that we are always with you....Always here. As you continue on life's journey...you are never alone. God is with you and "your mom and dad too!" You have given us 31 incredible years with your "bright spirit." You are our "Joy." 
Love, Mom and Dad. We you so very, very much!!




July 3, 2006 (when she was sick)


Dear Precious Amy (to my heart), 
My life has been primarily in your hands these past few months with God upholding you and guiding you every step of the way...Oh my love...I will weep all the long when I can release these tears that are in my heart..oh my dear "Father"..."Glorious Father"...the you day you blessed me with this child and woman...I never truly realized what a loving, giving, devoted, dedicated person she was. Amy, my Amy...God Spirit is throughout you...so strongly...I am a such a loss for words...they just won't come. there is so much emotion caught up in me and I dont know if I can express it. All that Ic an say for this moment is that "I Live" because of God (and Jesus)  and you! (and many others) I will live to be there for you always (God willing). Happy Glorious Beautiful 32nd birthday Amy. 
Always...Love, your Mom


It seems so odd that this is the 4th birthday I have spent without her. Each and every birthday began with a wake up call at 7:20am (the time I was born) regardless of whether she was physically with me or not. That last year (2006), I woke up in her bed to the sound of she and my dad creeping up to where I was sleeping. They both pounced on me-right at 7:20 and began singing. That was just like her, full or traditions and lots of little details to make the day special.

My dad called me at 7:20am this morning, all the way from South America to wish me a Happy Birthday. And then my wonderful husband and son took me out for breakfast and then on to a fun-filled shopping spree. (A girl cant complain about that). New traditions arent a bad thing. And life does go on.

I am truly blessed.

And I sure am glad that I save cards!





1 comment:

  1. Hey Aime!
    I'm still celebrating your Birthday on the West Coast! Let's see . . . favorite memories . . . I'll never forget the SUV pulling up to Anzie's house with your mom and the girls. You were so surprised and splotchy! And Dan bought you some awesome golf clubs! Margaritas and Ice Cream Cake! :)
    Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope this year brings you many blessings! Love you lots!!!
    -Linda

    ReplyDelete