I'm going to attempt to recap our last few weeks.
Starting with this.
As many of you know, I have the great honor of being the Program Director for our local camp for children with cancer.
To say that I love my job is an understatement.
Just a few weeks ago, we hosted our first bereavement weekend for children who have lost a brother or sister to cancer.
I was slightly nervous about how it would go, since it was the first time we had even hosted a camp such as this.
Obviously, I cant post any pictures of the kids. (Confidentiality reasons), but I did want to post this picture of the small chapel where we held our "Remembrance Service."
The location was incredible, the volunteers were awesome, the kids were just amazing and the weekend was one of the best I've ever had.
On the first morning of camp, I circled the lake, praying that God would be in the middle of all that we were doing. My friend Carrie came out to join me and she caught this amazing picture as the sun was rising.
I think it looks like Serenity.

Wow, Amy!
ReplyDeleteI pray that the weekend went well. That God was all in it (we know He was!)...fond memories and healing hearts for all that attended.
Love you!
Christie