Where my moments truly began

Where my moments truly began
I love this picture. Yes...that is my husband. The day we checked out our wedding site for the first time. (also the first week we discussed marriage). This is where the moments in my life now truly began!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dedicated to My Uncle

This is my Uncle Scott. (With my mom, who was his "little" sister)





He turned 60 this week....

My uncle Scott is one of those people who is alway quietly waiting in the wings, ready to help out where he is needed. He provides a sense of stability to our family in rocky times.

There were 4 years between he and my mom. When I worry about how much time it is taking to give Hollister a sibling, I think of my mom and my Uncle Scott and I feel better.

My uncle Scott calls his mother (my GIG) EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Never fails....that's dedication.

He is a fantastic Guitar player, though he will rarely play in public. You should feel honored if you get to hear him play.  Dan loves to talk "guitar talk" with him.

He taught my mom most everything she knows about photography. Even now, he is the one that preserves old photographs and videos of our family. He's always there....documenting those memories, much the way that she would of.

He can rebuild a car. He worked on one for several years that now looks amazing. He can also build planes. He's pretty talented like that.

My mother was the impulsive one. In her last few years, he helped her out in so many ways. I know he would do the same for me if I needed it. He's just that kind of person.

He's a hard worker. He and my aunt Cindy work harder than most anyone I know.

Generosity is his middle name. (Not really, it's actually Scott). He's always looking for some sneaky way to pay for something. I should know better by now!

My mother adored him so much that she named my brother after him. (Shawn Scott)

When Shawn was born, he and my cousin Laurie got me ready to come to the hospital the first time. My mom always loved to tell the story of how my uncle dressed me up in clothes that were way too small and how mortified she was when she saw me dressed like that.

He's not scared to share the mistakes he has made in life, in an effort to impart wisdom and plain old good sense.

Despite his apparent serious nature, ever once in a while he does something so funny, that you cant stop laughing.

For instance....


I'm quite certain that I dont tell him nearly enough how much I love and respect him. 



Happy Birthday Uncle Scott!!


1 comment:

  1. So excited to see you have a blog! Hope you dont mind me reading it. After reading this i just have to say...I want an uncle Scott. :)

    ReplyDelete