I've struggled with posting this.
Initially, it was a way to journal about the 6 months that we "waited" for Hope. I wanted her to have something that showed what we went through and how we were feeling at the time.
But since we've brought her home, I've also thought about how others who are in the process of "waiting" might like to read it as well. I'll be honest, it's not extremely detailed. There are details about the process and specifically, some of the birth mom's that I never added. But it does tell our story...
And so, I'm posting it today. If you click on this link, it will take you to the very first entry. You can then look on the right hand side of the page and click on the entries by month. You'll want to start in October of 2010 (Wow! Has that been a year ago? I just realized that). I don't know an easier way to do it. On each page, you'll need to scroll from the bottom up.
I'll be honest, it stops on May 5th-as we were preparing to leave for Tacoma. I have many other entries that are unedited and waiting to be finished-that chronicle our actual trip, but I will probably never share those. They are for Hope alone. They are details about her birth family and our month in the hospital that she can decide if she wants to share at some point. And some of them are not even finished yet. Just sketchy notes of things I did not want to forget. But that month was so HARD, it's difficult to re-live it and re-write it. But I will do it for her. It's just been a bit crazy.
But if you would like to read about our journey from October-May. The ups and downs up filing for adoption, feel free....
Have a great week,
Amy
http://mydearhope.blogspot.com/2010/10/october-28-2010.html
What's A Sister For?
6 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment