Where my moments truly began

Where my moments truly began
I love this picture. Yes...that is my husband. The day we checked out our wedding site for the first time. (also the first week we discussed marriage). This is where the moments in my life now truly began!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Photos: A Tribute to Snooky Smiles

Well, my last 2 blog posts have not gone over so well. After there were no comments on the last one, I figured you all must think I was nuts, going on and on about children dying. I understand...I am blaming the pregnancy hormones. Still, I figured I would post something fun for a change.

As most of you know my mom was a family photographer. I'm a bit biased, but honestly, she rocked. Her pictures rocked. Her clients loved her and I never once worried that I would have a lack of photos of my own children.

How I have mourned the loss of those photos! When you are raised to believe that "Moments are Images...Timeless Images (the name of my mom's business), of those we love and moments to capture forever..." (her business card read something like that)....then you cannot imagine not having photographs of important moments in life. And while I am decent with a camera, I did not inherit her talents...FOR SURE.

We are so fortunate that her close friend Angela Rose, who is an amazing photographer and worked with mom for years has offered to take pictures of our children as they grow up for us. However, Angela lives in Texas, so it's not always easy to get to her for big events. She's done some awesome photos for us.

So back when Hollister was a baby, my friend Jennifer recommended her friend Melodie who's photography business was just taking off. She did Hollister's "new baby" photos and did an awesome job. My heart lifted a little.

Over the years, Mel has done some amazing pics of Holl and offered us a great gift when we adopted  Hope. She has an amazing ability to catch the "life" of Hollister, despite his frustration at "posing." Every photo shoot has been worth it.

I'll be honest, it's not always easy to invest in pictures. Pictures can be expensive. As we all do,  good photographers have to make a living, I fully understand that they are underpaid for the hard work they do. Still, there are times when we just can't invest in a professional photo shoot, no matter how much we want to. And yet, there are times when I know it is time.  And I scrounge through our budget and find the money to invest in pictures.

Melodie does phenomenal work. So when you get to the point that you and your familiy are ready to invest in some great photos, definitely give her a call. She also offers mini-shoots throughout the year if your budget is tight.

You can reach her an www.snookysmiles.com-Check out her website. Can I say again that she is Amazing and we are so thankful for everything that she has done for us.

Below are some of the pictures that Mel has done for our family over the years........

We love you Mel!

                                                         Hollister's Newborn Pictures













This is the ring that my mom gave to me when I got married. It was the first gift my dad ever bought her. 



6 month photo shoot






One of my all-time favorites













                                                    Easter 2008-9 Months old






                                        One Year Old Pics at Freedom Park












Hollister's 2nd Christmas-2008




These pictures were taken this past year when I found out that my mammogram scare was going to be A-okay. During my week of fear, I lamented that something would happen to me and Hollister would not have any good pictures with his mother. :) Mel happened to have a mini-shoot that weekend and squeezed us in. They are perhaps my very favorite pictures ever. 
















And of course, our new baby photos of Hope when we brought her home. 


























See what I mean??? Isn't she awesome?
That website again is
www.snookysmiles.com

and you can find her on Facebook as well!











2 comments:

  1. Oh Amy! I have no words! Wow! Thank you so much for this post, you are amazing and it has truly been my pleasure to work with and become friends with you and your wonderful family! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, great post! I found your blog from snookysmiles Facebook page. I also just realized I've met you through Traci Burns. I worked with her at Elberson.
    Wendy
    www.littlejakemcswain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete