Where my moments truly began

Where my moments truly began
I love this picture. Yes...that is my husband. The day we checked out our wedding site for the first time. (also the first week we discussed marriage). This is where the moments in my life now truly began!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Resting and Recovering

Honestly....

There is not much to say.

Last week I was sick. I don't get sick very often. This little cold turned into Bronchitis and I promptly passed it along to my dad and nephew when they were here over the weekend. Sorry Guys....

I tried to function. Normally I can function in any setting...sick or not.

That did not happen. On Monday, after the weekend, and after Dad and Buck West had gone home, I hit rock bottom. I think I had medicated myself all weekend-trying to soak up every minute I could, and it all caught up with me.

Jennifer and I had made a date to take John and Holl to the movies for Valentines Day. I dont remember much about that day...it's kind of a blur. I just remember thinking, as we watched "Gnomeo and Juliet" that the movie was very bizarre and looking over at Jennifer and laughing insanely in parts. I do think this could have been the actual movie and not just my "Sickness" but whatever....

I decided to head to the doctor that afternoon, and 2 shots and 3 prescriptions later, I was home in bed. Romantic Valentines Day-huh? In fact, my gift to Dan is still sitting next to the bed along with the card that I filled out while I was a bit drugged. No telling what it says...hopefully I was feeling sweet at the time.

And thank goodness for my husband. I mean really....Sainthood! He was preparing for his biggest week of the year (workwise) and holding down the fort at home, because I literally stayed in bed ALL WEEK! Other than driving Holl to school and gymnastics, I just laid there. I tried to be productive. Nope-was not happening.  And poor Dan, he had to deal with me being sick just one short week after I almost lost my mind. (see our other blog for THAT story.)   www.caringbridge.com/visit/kimslove

Did I mention that I love him?

Honestly, today (almost 2 weeks after I first started feeling bad), is the first day I have felt completely normal.

So we've spent the past few days just soaking up the warm sunshine.  I lie on the hammock while Holl plays on his playset outside. We watch a few episodes of Dino Dan, do a little bit of a bible study, work on our cutting skills (an area Hollister needs much improvement on), and this week....with Dan out of town, we are frequenting all our favorite eating places because I just can not be bothered with cooking. In the midst of this, I have been trying to get ahead on my camp work in case we have to "go get a baby" all of the sudden. (No big news on that front).

Do I sound lazy? I feel like it.

But you know, God slows us down sometimes. So maybe that is what this is all about. When we get the new baby, I know life will get crazy again-Fast. For now, I'm enjoying my time with my sweet (cough cough) boy and loving the fact that I can make it through the whole night without coughing.

Oh, and just for fun...Here are a few Valentines Pictures of Hollister. I'm a bit biased, but I think he is pretty cute...If we could just get his bossiness under control!









1 comment:

  1. so cute! I love the pics! He is a handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete