So I am still pondering Ephesians. I'm not going to lie-yesterday was a hard day. On many different levels. I am still trying to sort out what all of that means. But what I do know is that God was present. I might not have been happy with him. But he was there. And the good thing is that he continues to be present in our relationship, even when I am not.
But more to come on that....
This morning, I was headed to my ultrasound appointment at 6:00am. I'm not quite sure why they have you come in so early, but's it's always the same. Show up at 6:30. It's also first come-first serve, so if you dont show up at 6:30, you have to wait. It's odd that I find comfort in those other women that are there at 6:30. I guess it's because I know they are dealing with something similar.
Anyway, as I was driving I was pondering the scriptures I had just read and flipping through my Ipod (at a stoplight-I promise) trying to find some music to start out my day in an uplifting way. I decided just to let it randomly select songs. This is hard for me. Typically, I have an agenda when I listen to music, depending on my mood. And anyone that knows me, knows that songs are a bit like the dates I mentioned before. It's kind of ridiculous. For almost every song out there, I can name a time, place or person that it relates to.
So,The first song that came on was a Christian song (Be still my Soul) that was entirely piano/guitar music. It occurred to me that I hadnt listened to my piano selections in a while. I dont know why....I love that music. I have always been able to quiet my mind with piano music. So I settled into my drive, clearing my head as the last chords were played.
And then along came Fergie....How I love her too. I just love her voice. So I bounced around in my car to "Big Girl's Dont Cry!" for a few minutes, my mood moving from calm to upbeat and downright cheerful. Fergie can do that for you.
Next up came Michael Jackson-I think it was Billie Jean, but that made me think of "PYT" which made me think of my friend Annzie (because she loves that song). This made me think of how blessed I am in regards to my girlfriends.I mean really...that is a topic for another entire blog! So I spent another few moments pondering that....
Then I heard (now prepare yourself for this #1 hit), "HOT POTATO-HOT POTATO!" If you know my son at all, then you know about his love for the Wiggles. No ipod playlist would be complete without them. As the music began, I was sorely tempted to skip right over Greg Wiggle and his hot potatoes/cold spaghetti and mashed bananas (I mean really....who eats that stuff?), but I must confess that picturing my sweet boy singing this song every night, made me leave it on and sing along. So if you saw someone driving down I-77 yesterday morning doing the hand motions to the hot potato song, with no toddler in the backseat, yep...that was me.
And it occurred to me that a mixed playlist is so indicative of our lives. There are so many bits and pieces of our lives that make up who we are. In just 20 minutes, my life was played out in that set list. My God, myself, my friends, my son...For some reason that was just monumental to me. Realizing how many facets there are to my life. I wonder, if when we die-someone could listen to the songs on our Ipod and get more than a glimpse of who we are?
But to wrap up...as I exited the highway and headed towards the last stretch of my drive, I heard my husband's voice over the speaker. Pure and true. If you have heard him sing, you know what I mean. It seemed appropriate that this playlist would wrap up with a song by him.
Too bad it was a song that he wrote about one of his ex-girlfriends years ago!
OH well...it's a good song anyway. Plus, I have the satisfaction of knowing that the one he wrote about me is even better. So There!!
What's A Sister For?
6 days ago
Praying that your appointment went well. And praying for you today!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Christie